Get to know another one of our fabulous contributors – Carlene!
1. Welcome Carlene! Please tell us a bit about yourself:
I am a self-taught artist. I love experimenting and coming up with new ideas and not having any rules to follow. I am a Wife, Mother, and Grandmother, and love every minute of it! I grew up in Hawaii, and have been living in Idaho for over 13 years. I love inspiring people to create, and have had a You Tube channel for almost 3 years. I’ve been lucky to be able to teach classes at Hobby Lobby, Joann’s, and a local scrapbook store. I’ve also enjoyed running my own online store for the past two years. I’m excited to be a blog contributor here as well!!!
2. How and when did you start scrapbooking?
Wow, I’ve been crafting for many years. I got into cardmaking 18 years ago and scrapbooking started from there. My son was invited to a birthday party at the last minute, and I made a quick card…..that little act started my paper addiction that has never ended….I’ve seen the industry grow from tiny to gigantic, and the products just get better and better each year.
3. What are your favorite subjects to scrap about?
That’s easy, My Grand-daughter,Kayleigh. She’s my first and only Grandchild and she is the light in my life.
4. What is your favorite type of mini album to create?
Paper bag mini. It was the first interactive mini I made and I still love making them.
5. Do you have a lot of mini albums? How do you store/ display them?
Yes! I have tons of minis. Each one is very special to me. I display them all over my home, especially in my living room!
6. What are your top 5 favorite items to use when scrapbooking?
My Hot Glue Gun, Mod Podge, Score-board, Big Shot, and Acrylic Paint.
7. What is the most unusual item you’ve used in your scrapbooks?
Good question. I think probably sand is the most unusual item.
8. What is your favorite technique when making mini albums?
I love interactive minis-I love adding tags, making new pockets, or placing a pop up somewhere, or even a double slider!
9. How would you describe your scrapbooking style?
Gosh, my style changes constantly because I tend to scrap by impulse. Basically whatever feels right at the time. Currently, my style is gravitating towards shabby chic. I also love flowers and bling, so if I create something, you can count on those two elements being on them.
10. Do you have any other hobbies besides scrapbooking?
I think I bundle all my other hobbies into scrapbooking. I alter or paint thrift store finds and usually put pictures on them in some way. You could call it “craft”booking. :>