Get to know another awesome contributor here at Outstanding Mini Albums blog: Tara LeClaire
1. Welcome Tara! Please tell us a bit about yourself:
I’m 29 years old, and am very much a city girl living in a small town By day, I work in Marketing for a large Insurance Company, and by night I help take care of my family and get in as much scrapbooking as possible! I love baths (sometimes twice a day), tea and Bath & Body works candles I love my family to bits and am getting married in July 2012!
2. How and when did you start scrapbooking?
Looking back, I can see that this was something that was meant to be, because I made a (very amateur) scrapbook for my best friend in High School… years later in 2006, I connected with an old friend and learned she taught classes from her home. I attended a beginner class, and the rest was history!
3. What are your favorite subjects to scrap about?
Family! Also, I think it’s important to scrap about yourself, so I try to remember to do that every once in awhile.
4. What is your favorite type of mini album to create?
My favorite mini’s are travel mini’s, hands down.
5. Do you have a lot of mini albums? How do you store/ display them?
I do have quite a few… I store them in a trunk that was given to me. I wanted something that could sit in my living room, so that people could look at them from time to time, rather than them collecting dust in my closet.
6. What are your top 5 favorite items to use when scrapbooking?
Other than patterned paper? Mists, masks, sewing machine, AC Thickers and lately, acrylic stamps!
7. What is the most unusual item you’ve used in your scrapbooks?
While I don’t think it’s that unusual, I sometimes use the packaging from products. It’s always so pretty!
8. What is your favorite technique when making mini albums?
I like to include different size pages throughout.
9. How would you describe your scrapbooking style?
I’ve thought about this question before, and the only answer I have is none! I am SO inspired by so many great scrappers out there that do things so differently, so I end up trying a little bit of everything. I feel like I’m learning so much still, and haven’t been able to define “my style” yet.
10. Do you have any other hobbies besides scrapbooking?
Cake decorating, coloring, reading and I am TRYING to add “going to the gym” as a hobby. So far, it seems I don’t love that so much yet